6.14.2008

Buy This Book!



Many of you have taken heed of my book recommendations in the past. Allow me to add another. I have shared about this book with a few of you, but everyone needs to know! I can't say enough good things about it.

Psalms for Young Children by Marie Helen Delval, with illustrations by Arno.

It's only intro is this: "This selection of Psalms, paraphrased for young readers, uses language and imagery appropriate for children while remaining faithful to the spirit of the biblical texts."

It's true! These are Psalms rephrased for kids. But I love them for me, too! They are perfect to use as prayers, any time. They go through the range of emotions: fear, sadness, trust, hope, praise. You can find one to express whatever you are feeling. I recommend reading one together as a family for prayer time. There are some for bedtime, some for waking up in the morning, as well as Psalms of praise... perfect for mealtime.

Here's an example:

"God, you are good
and you forgive me.
You are full of love.
When I pray to you,
I know you will answer me;
I know you will show me
the right path to take.
Psalm 86"

and to top it all off, the illustrations awe awesome, as you can see from the cover shot above. I want to frame a few of these, Psalm and illustration, side by side.

So, order it today (click on my handy Amazon list to your right), or stop by Barnes and Noble to see if they have a copy (that's where I got mine!)

No comments: